Beat the Host
$50,000 Xpressbet Beat the Host Tournament
Beat the Host — a weekly competition — is your chance to out-handicap expert hosts. Simply place a single, ‘live’ $5 Win wager on each of eight mandatory races for a chance to win $2,500 in weekly prizes and a $5,000 Sweep the Host Bonus prize. Plus, defeat any host just once to qualify for the Beat the Host Championship Round to compete for $16,000 in cash prizes and one of 30 seats to the Xpressbet Showdown Tournament, a $300 value each. You only need to register once for the entire nine week season. The Qualifying Round runs Saturdays in January and February and the Championship Round is held in early March.
Prizes: Qualifying Round
- Weekly prizes awarded to top three finishers based on total mutuel payoffs:
- 1st - $1,500
- 2nd - $750
- 3rd - $250
- Also any player that Beats the Host qualifies for the Beat the Host Championship Round.
- $5,000 Sweep the Host Bonus is awarded to any single player who exceeds the host’s cumulative mutuel total in each of all nine weeks of the Qualifying Round.
- If no player wins the Bonus, a $2,000 consolation prize will be awarded to the player who is the last to lose to the host in weekly competition.
- Players can win multiple weekly prizes.
Prizes: Championship Round
- Cash prizes awarded to top ten finishers based on total mutuel payoffs:
- 1st - $5,000
- 2nd - $4,000
- 3rd - $3,000
- 4th - $1,000
- 5th - 10th - $500
- Top thirty (30) finishers in the Championship Round based on cumulative mutuel payoffs earn complimentary seats to the Xpressbet Showdown Tournament ($300 value each).
- All ties between player and host go to the host. You must ‘Beat the Host’ to qualify for the Championship Round.
- For ties between players, the cash prize for the tied position will be combined with that of the next position and the total will be evenly divided among all tied players.
How To Play
- Registration is free, but you must register to play. Register once to play all nine weeks, or join at any time before the Championship Round. Registration opens December 17, 2014.
- Place a ‘live’ $5 Win wager on one horse in each of the eight mandatory contest races ($40 total) each Saturday of the tournament period.
- Your goal is to exceed the host’s cumulative mutuel total.
- Qualifying Rounds run Saturdays in January and February.
- Mandatory races are posted each Friday by 5:00PM ET.
- Championship Round is held on Saturday, March 7, 2015.
Things You Should Know
- Beat the Host competition is open only to Xpressbet account holders in good standing.
- 1 free registration per account holder only.
- Each player may win more than one weekly cash prize, but can only qualify once for the Championship Round.
- The Sweep the Host Bonus is awarded to any player who Beats the Host in all nine weeks of the contest.
- Contest wagers must be submitted via the Contest Wager Pad or the Mobile Contest Wager Pad only. No phone wagers.
- Player wagering accounts will be credited for all winning wagers and debited for all losing wagers.
- Mutuel payoffs are capped at 20-1 ($105) for contest scoring purposes.
- Scratched horses count zero in the competition. If a player has submitted a Contest Wager on a scratched horse, he may submit a second single $5 ‘live’ Win wager on another horse in the race after the scratch has been processed. Once the scratch has been processed, the Contest Wager will automatically be cancelled and refunded. DO NOT CANCEL ANY CONTEST WAGERS. This will result in disqualification.
- Jan. 3—Jeremy Plonk
- Jan. 10—Jeff Siegel
- Jan. 17—Jon White
- Jan. 24—Steve Byk
- Jan. 31—Brian Nadeau
- Feb. 7—Brad Free
- Feb. 14—Tom Quigley
- Feb. 21—Eddie Olczyk
- Feb. 28—Johnny D.
Sign Up for Xpressbet to learn more and register to compete.Sign Up