Millions Preview Day at Gulfstream Park West usually brings out some of the best Florida-breds, and the card on Saturday is no different. The focus here is on the late Pick 4, and the first three legs are stakes races, while the last on the day is a solid maiden race. The suggested Pick 4 ticket this week totals $54 with a 3x4x3x3 approach. Here’s a look at the horses in play.
RACE 6 (3:05PM ET) // MILLIONS SPRINT PREVIEW STAKES
- JACKSON weakened in tougher spots in his last two and can get back to quality sprinting. Won the G3 World of Trouble Sprint at Gulfstream and a stakes race at Tampa Bay earlier in the year.
- WITH VERVE won the Hutcheson Stakes in February and has spent the year running with good company. He was fourth in the G3 Smile Sprint last out and can rally against these.
- SHIVAREE made his last start in the G1 Travers and should only brief speed. He’s been in some of the best races for 3-year-olds, including a runner-up finish behind Tiz the Law in the G1 Florida Derby. He didn’t fare as well in the G2 Blue Grass. He’ll like this race restricted to Florida-breds and has trained well.
RACE 7 (3:39PM ET) // MILLIONS JUVENILE SPRINT STAKES
- THE DISTRACTOR coasted in his debut and when finished with interest in an open optional claiming race. Makes a step up in class but there is no doubt he fits with these.
- GATSBY is a veteran at running in stakes races but is yet to win one. Today could be the day.
- REAL TALK breezed to an easy win in his only start and looked like the real deal in doing so. Won by six widening lengths and is ready for this level.
- POPPY’S PRIDE goes for his third straight win and comes off a clear triumph in the open.
RACE 8 (4:08PM ET) // MILLIONS DISTAFF PREVIEW STAKES
- SOUND MACHINE closed for third in the G3 Ms Preakness and has done well on the circuit. Capable of a big effort against restricted company.
- HEIRESSALL was impressive in winning the Sheer Drama last out and has mixed it up with open rivals. Doing some of her best running right now.
- CORY GAL has never been better as she’s won three straight, including in an optional claiming race last time in her first off the claim for Peter Walder. Has crushed rivals recently and tests stakes rivals here.
RACE 9 (4:42PM ET) // MAIDEN SPECIAL WEIGHT
- EASTON ROCKS is a Declaration of War first-timer starter for Todd Pletcher and can be expected to show her talent right off the bat. She’s bred for the grass and the distance will not be a problem.
- STAND WITH MO has had just one start, but it came against good company at Belmont. Will improve off that effort with this change in venue and Christophe Clement usually does quite well in Florida.
- CHESS’S DREAM tired in a stakes race on a sloppy track after two good second-place finishes in mile turf races. One was from far off the pace and he was right in the hunt all the way in the other.
MY TICKET ($54)
- Race 6: #2 Jackson, #3 With Verve, #7 Shivaree
- Race 7: #1 The Distractor, #2 Gatsby, #4 Real Talk, #7 Poppy’s Pride
- Race 8: #1 Sound Machine, #4 Heiressall, #8 Cory Gal
- Race 9: #1 Easton Rocks, #7 Stand With Mo, #8 Chess’s Dream