A trio of good allowance optional claiming races and a maiden-claiming heat greet Late Pick 4 players at Gulfstream Park on Sunday, and while there are some solid favorites, some of their opponents are legit players and could pull some upsets.
This week’s suggested Late Pick 4 is for $48 for races 7-10, here’s a look at the ticket:
RACE 7 (3:56PM ET) // ALLOWANCE OPTIONAL CLAIMING // 6 FURLONGS (DIRT)
- LIZA STAR runs very few bad ones and has taken two of her last three. She’s always somewhere on your ticket.
- BRAMBLE BERRY was second in a state-bred stakes race last out and has had her moments. Does her best slightly off the pace and may not have a choice to run that kind of race.
- MERSEYSIDE improved steadily for third last time in what was her first dirt race in a year. Can make a run at the leaders and should be taken seriously.
- AWESOME ANNMARIE has won four of her last five, and while she has not seen opponents this good, she has undoubtedly figured out this game and can be a factor.
RACE 8 (4:29PM ET) // ALLOWANCE OPTIONAL CLAIMING // 1 MILE (TURF)
- GLOBAL BRAND has not been consistent, but her best races put her in the hunt. She’s one of two tough entrants from the Tom Proctor stable.
- DRAPES is the second Proctor runner and is unbeaten in two turf races and not being a factor in a dirt sprint. Was impressive in a Tampa maiden win and followed with a strong effort at Gulfstream.
- SUGAR FIX beat starter allowance runners in fast time last out and followed with a quick work. Likely to make herself the target from the beginning.
RACE 9 (5:02PM ET) // ALLOWANCE OPTIONAL CLAIMING // 1 MILE (DIRT)
- COLLABORATE held third in the Roar Stakes and was an easy player before tiring in the G1 Florida Derby. The $600K yearling by Info Mischief has a good chance to live up to his initial cred.
- LITTLE DEMON was up in time in his first attempt at a mile and can easily have the leaders in sight from the get-go. Would be a mild upset, but he gets better with distance and can give the favorite a run for his money.
RACE 10 (5:35PM ET) // MAIDEN CLAIMING // 1 MILE (TURF)
- TRACEABILITY drops to his lower level and has been good in three of his last five.
- MISSION BRIEF finished with interest in his return to Gulfstream and needs some luck with the come-from-behind approach. A clean trip can put him right there with these.
- JARLIAN comes off his best effort by far, and continued improvement makes him a serious entrant for this price. Makes his second off the claim by Gonzalez.
- ZALINSKY has been in much tougher races and this drop should wake him up.
GULFSTREAM LATE PICK 4 TICKET FOR SUNDAY, JUNE 20
Race 7: 1, 2, 3, 6
Race 8: 2, 5, 8
Race 9: 2, 7
Race 10: 1, 2, 3, 4
Cost: $48 for $0.50