Pegasus World Cup Betting Championship
January 26 & 27, 2018
Location: Gulfstream Park
Satellite Locations: Santa Anita, Laurel Park, Golden Gate, Xpressbet.com
- 1. BUY-IN
- $12,000 (Bankroll). NO ENTRY FEE TO PLAY AT GULFSTREAM PARK. Entry includes VIP tickets in Sport of Kings Theatre for both days of play for player and a guest. Lunch will be provided. Players can bring up to 3 additional guests at a cost of $250 per guest on Saturday and $50 per guest on Friday.
There will be a fee of $1,000 to participate at a Satellite Track ($13,000 total buy-in). HOWEVER, THE FEE WILL BE WAIVED IF PLAYERS PURCHASE TWO ENTRIES. The fee collected from Satellite Tracks will go directly into the prize pool. Players will use their entire $12,000 bankroll to make his/her bets. There is a limit of 2 entries per person. At the conclusion of the contest, any dollar amount remaining on the wagering card remains the property of the player.
- 2. TO ENTER
- Qualify online at Horsetourneys.com, DRFBets.com or enter at gulfstreampark.com. Onsite players who enter or qualify by December 15 will be entered into a drawing to win a ticket to the 47th Annual Eclipse Awards at Gulfstream Park on Thursday, January 25, 2018. Five names will be drawn at random. A limited number of hotel rooms have been reserved at a special rate. Contact Nancy Berry at 954-457-6284 or firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- 3. FORMAT
- Eligible races include all Gulfstream Park live races on Friday, January 26 and Saturday, January 27, 2018 (Pegasus World Cup Day).
- There are no mandatory races except for the Pegasus World Cup.
- Permitted wagers: Win, Place, Show, Exacta and Trifecta only.
- FRIDAY: Players must bet a minimum total of $4,000 on at least 5 races ($800 per race minimum.) If they do not fulfill this requirement, they will be effectively eliminated from the contest as of the start of Saturday’s races.
- SATURDAY: Players must bet a minimum of $1,000 on at least 5 races other than the Pegasus World Cup Invitational.
- MANDATORY RACE: Pegasus World Cup Invitational. Players must bet a minimum of $3,000 on the Pegasus World Cup in order to be eligible for prizes.
- Players must wager a minimum of their entire $12,000 bankroll during the contest in order to be eligible for prizes.
- There are no maximums – players may wager as much as they want, including winnings from their bankroll, whenever they wish.
- In the unlikely event of a cancellation of a race card, Tournament Officials reserve the right to substitute races from another racetrack.
- It is the players’ responsibility to meet the wagering requirements listed above. If a player fails to reach the wagering minimums or places a wager on their card other than Win, Place, Show, Exacta or Trifecta on an eligible contest race, that entry can be disqualified from the contest. Tournament officials will make all decisions on disqualification from the contest in the event of a rule violation and all decisions are final. The remaining bankroll on the player’s wagering card remains the property of the player.
- Players who don’t meet minimum wagering requirements ($12,000) for the contest will be charged a hospitality fee of $500 to cover event tickets and food & beverage charges.
- 4. PLAYER REBATE PROGRAM (non-contest wagers)
- 5% of the total of a player’s NON CONTEST wagers (Gulfstream Park races only) will be refunded back to them in the form of a check or voucher. This rebate period will include all Gulfstream Park races from Wednesday, January 24 through Sunday, January 28. Rebate is available to onsite players only. Players will be required to use a separate card (different from their playing card) to make these bets.
- 5. PRIZE POOL
- The players with the top 10 bankrolls after the last race at Gulfstream Park on Saturday, January 27 will be declared the winners. Prizes will be paid out to the top ten players plus the leader after Day 1 of tournament (Friday, July 26, 2018)
- Total Estimated Prize Pool = Over $500,000 (Guaranteed prize pool minimum of $300,000)
- Cash prizes paying down to the top 10 finishers ($250,000 estimated cash to the winner)
- BCBC full entry to the top finisher
- NHC qualifying spot to top 5 finishers (Based on HOW MANY PLAYERS?). Please note that NO NHC TOUR POINTS WILL BE AWARDED FOR THIS CONTEST. Winners can choose a seat in either the 2018 or 2019 National Horseplayers Championship.
- $1,000,000 BONUS for PWC contest winner going on to win the 2018 NHC or BCBC (NOTE: PENDING INSURANCE APPROVAL.)
- $10,000 cash voucher to the leader after Day 1 of tournament (Friday, January 26, 2018)
PWC Betting Championship Prize Pool (Estimate)
FINISH CASH (% of Prize Pool) 1st $250,000 50.00% + BCBC & NHC Package 2nd $ 70,000 14.00% + NHC Package 3rd $ 50,000 10.00% + NHC Package 4th $ 35,000 7.00% + NHC Package 5th $ 25,000 5.00% + NHC Package 6th $ 18,000 3.60% 7th $ 16,000 3.20% 8th $ 14,000 2.80% 9th $ 12,000 2.40% 10th $ 10,000 2.00% $500,000 100.00% Prizes include: 5 NHC Packages @$4,650 each = $23,250 1 BCBC Package = $10,500 Day 1 Leader Voucher = $10,000 Cash Prizes to Top 10 Finishers = $500,000 TOTAL ESTIMATED PRIZE POOL = $543,750
- 6. PRIZE POOL FUNDING
- $100,000 TSG/GULFSTREAM PARK
- $100,000 XPRESSBET.COM
- 5% of TOTAL CONTEST wagers made onsite at Gulfstream Park
- Additional 50% of net Gulfstream contest commissions (estimated at 2.5%)
- $1,000 entry fee per contestant playing at satellite track or on xpressbet.com
- 7. PLAYER CARDS
- Each participant will be issued a player card to be used for all contest wagers. This card contains the ‘real money’ bankroll of $12,000. If a player loses his/her card or the card is not working, the player should immediately contact a contest official to receive a new card. Gulfstream Park is not responsible for any races missed due to a malfunctioning or lost card.
- Onsite players will be issued a separate card with which to make their non-contest wagers. Players will receive a rebate of 5% for all Gulfstream Park wagers placed from Wednesday, January 24 through Sunday, January 28.
- 8. PLACING WAGERS
- All wagers (contest and non-contest) must be placed through self-service machines located throughout the property. Contest wagers will not be accepted through mutuel tellers.
- Players must place all contest wagers personally. No person shall directly or indirectly act as an intermediary, transmitter, or agent in placing wagers for the player, unless authorized by Tournament officials. All official track rulings will apply to wagers placed in the Tournament except as otherwise stipulated. The tournament will be based on the official placement and mutuel prices at Gulfstream Park.
- 9. ADVANCE WAGERING
- Advance wagering will not be permitted unless prior approval has been obtained by a Tournament Official. Wagers for each race must be placed after the prior race has been declared official. This rule is designed to maintain an accurate leaderboard.
- If a player needs to advance wager for any reason, a player must contact a Tournament Official. The Tournament Official will decide if an advance wager will affect the integrity of the leaderboard. All decisions are final and penalties for violating this rule will be at the sole discretion of Tournament Officials.
- 10. CASHING OUT THE CARD BALANCE
- Players will not be able to cash out their wagering card until after the final live contest race on Saturday, January 27, 2108, becomes official. Should the player cash out his/her card before the last live contest race is official, that player’s entry can be disqualified from any prizes.
- 11. IRS WITHOLDING
- Per new laws.
- 12. SCRATCHES
- If a horse is scratched after a wager is placed, it is the player’s responsibility to change his/her selection prior to the race in order to meet contest parameters. If a late scratch occurs or a horse is declared a ‘non-starter’ and post time prevents the selection of an alternate horse or bet cancellation, the contestant will not be disqualified for failure to bet the minimum amount and any live tickets bet will be in play.
- 13. TIES
- In a result of a tie between any of the top finishing positions, the player with the highest dollar amount of total wagers will be declared the winner for NHC and BCBC positions. If both players finished with the same final bankroll and wagered the same amounts, the player with the largest single race profit will be awarded the qualifying spot. In the event both players finished with the same bankroll, wagered the same amount, and tied with the largest single race profit, the qualifying spots will be decided by whoever registered for the contest first. Cash prizes will be split evenly for players finishing in a tie with the same bankroll amounts.
- 14. CONTEST PARAMETERS
- Current standings will be posted after every race or as soon as the information is available. Standings will be posted on a dedicated in-house TV monitor.
- 15. NHC TOUR MEMBERSHIP
- NHC Tour membership is required for all participants prior to the start of the contest in order to win an NHC spot. Tournament participants may register for the NHC Tour at www.ntra.com/content/nhctour. The Tour fee is $50. Non-Tour members are ineligible for NHC Tour spots. NHC Tour members must be at least 21 years of age to participate in the NHC Finals in Las Vegas.
- 16. ELIGIBILITY/DISCLOSURE – NEW RULE
- The following are ineligible to participate in this contest: Employees of Gulfstream Park, The Stronach Group, TSG Developments Investments, Inc., or any of their subsidiaries, and employees of AmTote.
- If a player has an ownership or other interest in any horses running in any of the contest races or holds a pari-mutuel license in any jurisdiction, then all involvements and licenses must be fully disclosed to Gulfstream Park Tournament officials prior to the start of the Tournament. Failure to disclose any ownership interest or license can result in disqualification. Trainers, owners, or any player with another interest (groom, jock agent, etc.) can bet that race, but must bet their horse to WIN in a WPS pool wager or “ON TOP ONLY” when wagering in the exacta or trifecta.
- 17. TAXES
- Liabilities for any and all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of prize winners.
- 18. AFFIDAVITS
- Affidavits confirming compliance of all the rules of this contest will be required of all participants. All prize winners acknowledge that if they enter this contest under a fraudulent name and/or Social Security number, they will be immediately disqualified from this and all future contests held by The Stronach Group. Positive identification is required of contestants and prize winners. Positive identification is a Driver’s License with a picture and same address and birth date used on the entry forms, and/or other forms of identification as deemed adequate by contest officials. Social Security information is also the responsibility of the player and must be provided before the players are given their bankroll cards. Contestants also consent to the use of their names, pictures and video images to be used by The Stronach Group.
- 19. JUDGING AND DISPUTES
- The management of Gulfstream Park reserves the right to interpret all questions and conditions in regard to this event, without claim for damages or recourse of any kind. The management of Gulfstream Park, with those decisions to be final, will decide all questions and definitions not covered explicitly in these rules.
- Anyone found to have engaged in or attempted to engage in any act that Tournament officials believe in their sole and absolute discretion compromises or could compromise the competitive integrity of this contest will be subject to sanctions imposed by Gulfstream Park management. The nature and extent of the sanctions imposed shall be in the sole and absolute discretion of Gulfstream Park management and may include, but shall not be limited to, the following:
- Forfeiture of prize money
- Disqualification from the contest
- Loss of privilege to participate in future Gulfstream Park or Stronach Group handicapping contests
- SPECIAL RULE REGARDING COLLUSION
- Collusion among players could be grounds for disqualification, specifically, combining of entries. An example would be:
- Player A and B have 2 entries each, all have $12,000. They play a race together with the intent to get one entry to an extremely high number. At race conclusion, one entry stands at $40,000 and the other three are at zero. Actions similar to this among any amount of players 2 or more, will result in disqualification of all players involved. Players with 2 entries are allowed to play those entries in any fashion they choose within the rules, and collusion rules do not apply to one person.