Xpressbet Beat the Host Tournament
FOUR WAYS TO WIN
- Top cumulative seasonal earners will win one of 5 Top Prizes.
- Beat the Host at least once to qualify for the $15,000 Beat the Host Championship Round which will award seven (7) lucrative tournament seats.
- Top performers each week win a share of $2,000 in cash prizes.
- Top the host’s earnings in all eight (8) weeks to win or share in a $6,500 bonus.
- Beat the Host takes place every Saturday in January and February.
- The Beat the Host Championship Round takes place in March 2023.
- Registration is FREE and begins January 2023.
- Register once to play all eight (8) weeks, or join at any time before the Championship Round.
- One (1) free registration per account holder only.
- Beat the Host competition is open only to Xpressbet account holders in good standing.
HOW TO PLAY
- Place a ‘live’ $5 Win bet on one horse in each of ten contest races ($50 total wagered) each Saturday during the promo period.
- Competition races will be announced each Friday by 5:00PM ET.
- BACK FOR 2023: The Host’s pick for each race will not be revealed until the race begins.
- Your goal is to exceed the Host’s total mutuel payouts for his/her $5 Win bets. Beat the Host at least once to qualify for the Beat the Host Championship Round.
- Beat the Host Qualifying Rounds are held every Saturday in January and February.
- Beat the Host Championship Round is held in March 2023.
- Contest wagers must be submitted via the Contest Wager Pad or the Mobile Contest Wager Pad only. No phone wagers.
- Player wagering accounts will be credited with winnings for all competition wagers and debited for all losing wagers.
- Mutuel payoffs are capped at 20-1 ($105) for contest scoring purposes.
- Scratched horses count as zero in the competition. If a player has submitted a Contest Wager on a scratched horse, he or she may submit a second single $5 Win wager on another horse in the race after the scratch has been processed by the tote.
- Players can win multiple weekly prizes.
- Any player that Beats the Host once automatically qualifies for the $15,000 Beat the Host Championship Round.
- Weekly Prizes are awarded to the top three finishers based on total mutuel payoffs:
- 1st - $1,000
- 2nd - $750
- 3rd - $250
$6,500 SWEEP THE HOST BONUS
- $6,500 Sweep the Host Bonus is awarded to any single player who exceeds the host’s cumulative mutuel total in all eight (8) weeks of the Qualifying Round.
- If more than one person Sweeps the Host, the $6,500 is divided evenly between tied players.
- If no player Sweeps the Host, a $4,000 consolation prize will be awarded to the player that is the last to lose to the Host in weekly competition. The $4,000 consolation prize is divided evenly between tied players.
CUMULATIVE SEASON PRIZES
- Players who cumulatively earn the most money throughout the entire 8-week Beat the Host competition will be rewarded accordingly.
- 1st - TBD
- 2nd - TBD
- 3rd - TBD
- 4th - TBD
- 5th - TBD
TIES FOR PRIZES
- All weekly competition ties between player and host go to the host.
- Prize for tied position and prize for next lowest position will be combined and the total will be divided evenly among all tied players.
TIES FOR SEATS
- First Tie-breaker--The player with the single highest winning mutuel payoff of all tied players will be ranked above the others.
- If a tie still remains, the player with the second-highest single mutuel payoff of all tied players will be ranked above the others.
- This process will continue until the tie is broken.
FINAL TIE BREAKER
- If two (2) or more players remain tied after the first tie-breaker procedure has been exhausted, the final tie breaker will go to the player who chronologically is first to register for the Beat the Host tournament.