CANTERBURY CHALLENGE OVERVIEW
- $300 Buy-In, split between:
- $200 Tournament Bankroll
- $100 Entry Fee (100% of Entry Fees will be paid out as Prizes)
- Maximum of two (2) entries per person.
- Tournament offered online at Xpressbet only.
- You must have an Xpressbet account balance of $300 or more to register for this tournament.
- Online registration begins Monday, July 12, 2021 at approximately 12:00PM ET.
- Registration deadline is start of Canterbury Park Race 1 on Wednesday, July 14, 2021.
- One $3,000 Canterbury Park BCBC Big Ten Handicapping Challenge seat will be awarded for every 30 players.
- Entry fees over the cost of the Big Ten Contest entry will be paid to the next largest bankroll. For example, if there are 50 entries, there is one Big Ten entry winner and $2,000 will be paid to the entrant with the second largest bankroll. If there are 65 entries, two Big Ten entries are awarded and $500 is paid to the third largest bankroll, and so on.
- In the event of a tie for any position, the most winning win wagers will determine order of prize selection.
PRIZES (BASED ON 50 ENTRIES)
PRIZES (BASED ON 100 ENTRIES)
- Tournament races are Races 1 - 8 from Canterbury Park on Wednesday, July 14, 2021.
- Quarter Horse races (Races 9 - 12) are not included in this tournament.
- Due to technical limitations, the Double linking Race 8 to Race 9 may be offered on some wagerpads. That bet will not count for tournament wagers and tournament players should not wager in that pool.
- Permitted wagers are Win, Place, Show, Exacta, Trifecta and Double.
- No Superfecta, Pick 3, Pick 4, Pick 5, Pick 6 wagers are permitted in this contest. The Parlay function for Win,
Place and Show wagers is not permitted in this contest.
- Players must wager a minimum of five (5) contest races at a minimum of $20 on each of the five (5) races but
must wager at least $200 total.
- There are no maximums – players may wager as much as they want, including the winnings from their
bankroll, whenever they wish.
- The player with the largest bankroll after the final contest race will be declared the winner.
- For purposes of this contest, a Daily Double wager counts as a bet on one (1) contest race. For example, a Daily Double wager on Race 4 (linking to Race 5) will count as a wager on Race 4.
- In the unlikely event of a cancellation of a race card, Tournament Officials reserve the right to substitute races from another racetrack or cancel the tournament and issue refunds to all participants.
ABOUT THE CANTERBURY BCBC BIG TEN CHALLENGE
- Tournament date is Thursday, September 16, 2021.
- Guaranteed Prizes
- TEN: 2021 Breeders' Cup Betting Challenge Seats, valued at $10,000.
- TWO: 2022 National Horseplayers Championship Seats.
- $10,000 in Cash Prizes: 100% of entry fees exceeding value of initial prizes and cash will be returned as prize money. Initial cash and prizes valued at $122,000.
- $3,000 Buy-In ($2,000 Bankroll + $1,000 Entry Fee)
- LEARN MORE >>