Hong Kong Racing Facts
- Where do they race in Hong Kong? Hong Kong racing is centered at two tracks, Sha Tin and Happy Valley.
- How long has horse racing been in Hong Kong? Happy Valley Race Course opened in 1845. Sha Tin opened in 1978.
- When do Hong Kong horse tracks race? The 2018/2019 Hong Kong racing season consists of 47 day meetings and 41 night fixtures at Happy Valley and Sha Tin. The final day of racing for the season will be Sunday, July 14, 2019.
- What are Hong Kong’s most prestigious horse races? Sha Tin hosts the Hong Kong International Races G1 (Hong Kong Cup, Hong Kong Mile, Hong Kong Sprint, & Hong Kong Vase), the Hong Kong Triple Crown G1 (Hong Kong Stewards' Cup, Hong Kong Gold Cup, & Hong Kong Champions & Chater Cup) and 6 other Group One Races.
- Who are the most famous horses to run at Hong Kong? Hong Kong's most celebrated local horse is Silent Witness, but internationally renowned horses such as Talismanic, Highland Reel, Deauville, and Lancaster Bomber have also raced at Sha Tin.
- How do I bet on Hong Kong racing? Xpressbet is your way to play the races at Sha Tin and Happy Valley. Sign Up Now to Pick your Bonus and start betting today!